Summer Internship Program (SIP)
The Summer Internship Program (SIP) is 100% hands-on learning with MLC instructors and job coaches. Students will gain experience living in an apartment setting with roommates, working and engaging in a community, and making new friends and managing a social life. Students will practice:
Location: Students reside in the Minnesota Life College town homes within the Colony Apartments, which are fully furnished and include either two or three bedroom apartments, bathrooms, living room and kitchen. During the day the students will be off campus at an internship site with a job coach. In the evenings they will learn to cook, maintain their apartments, and explore the community.
Cost: $5,000 is an all-inclusive fee for furnished apartment, groceries, laundry, transportation and hands-on instruction for the 3-week session. Students will need to bring $100 in personal spending money for social and community events.
Dates for SIP 2017: July 2nd-21st. Move in begins at noon on the 2nd and move out happens no later than noon on the 21st.
SIP Admissions Guidelines
- Diagnosed learning difference such as: learning disabilities, autism spectrum disorders, ADHD/ADD, or other neurological conditions.
- No significant behavior or emotional problems.
- Responds well to a structured and supported environment.
- Between the ages of 17-21 years old.
- Full Scale IQ of 70 and above.